Who are we?
LegoGoa is a Goa based organization that helps young minds to learn various STEM concepts like programming and computer-aided design through the means of LEGO and robotics. While we are very dedicated towards robotics and LEGO, we place a special emphasis on generating awareness and conducting LEGO and other STEM based outreach towards the disadvantaged members of our community as well as towards the public.
Achievements of LegoGoa
- LegoGoa has participated in various competition such as First Lego League, MakeX India, World Robotics Olympiad ,International MIT App Inventor Competition
- We have won Inspirational team award for First Lego League 2018 an First place in MakeX India 2020
- Additionally , one of our members secured the 11th Rank at India World Robot Olympiad and another two of our members has have won the National level ‘Google Code To Learn Contest’
- Team LegoGoa has secured the third place for People’s Choice awards for our VOX app designed for 2021 MIT App inventor Appathon for Good
- Another one of our students has got Top Student Ambassador Award in Codeavour 2020 AI Coding Competition
These are all the people in our team.
👨💻 Aaryan GoleI like to do Java and Python programming and do things with Arduino.
- Achieved 3rd Runner Up in UCMAS Abacus and Mental Arithmetic International Competition 2015.
- Completed E Office Coarse and secured 96% from Manipal Institute of Computer Education.
- Achieved 9th place in ATL Marathon 2021.
- Completed 2 week IBM Internship.
👨💻 Aditya PaiStudying in class 11, Commerce stream in Sharada Mandir School, Miramar, I am always on the lookout to learn new things and keep myself updated about what is happening in the world. If I am not doing that, I can be found strumming my guitar or checking out food which I haven’t tried before. Cycling and travelling are my other favourite things to do, along with a game of chess every now and then. Basketball and soccer are my favourite sports which I play on and off.
- National level finalist in the cube sat competition organized by NDRF in association with 2) 2) Institution of Engineers on the occasion of Vikram Sarabhai Centenary year 2020.
- Ranked 13 in All Goa Mathematics Competition 2019
- State-level top 3 French Olympiad 2020
- ICSE board scored 95% aggregate 2022
- Selected as Top 40 All Goa Fomento scholar 2018
👨💻 Aniket Sushant BhatikarI am 14 years old, studying in class 9th, Mushtifund High School. My hobbies are developing games, apps and animations and designing design videos. Besides robotics, I like playing football and solving mathematics problems. I also like building best from waste, clay modelling and drawing.
- 1st Prize at Taluka level Lantern designing competition using Scratch programming organized by CARES GOA.
- Trendsetter award awarded by CARES GOA.
- Represented at SCI-FFI 2022 with the project, Smart Charging System.
- Project selected by State Level Western India Science Fair 2022-23 (4th place) and will represent Goa at Nehru Science Centre Mumbai(Zonal level).
👨💻 Avneesh DangiHello! My name is Avneesh and I’m 13 years old. I like sports and video games.
- I have received a black belt in karate.
- I can code in scratch and Kojo.
- I have swum across the Mandovi river.
- I have taken part and won in many olympiads.
👨💻 Dhruv DesaiMy hobbies are playing chess, programming, learning new things and building and designing machines.
- 2nd place in All Goa Vedic Mathematics Test.
- Gold Medal in International Mathematics Olympiad 2021.
- Received proficiency in 2nd and 3rd grade.
- Won many chess competitions in categories such as U-7, U-9, U-11.
- Won first prize in GK quiz in school.
👨💻 Parth Milind Patil
I am an enthusiastic boy. I love coding and making robots. I have made many robots. I have made a few games using JAVA, PYTHON, HTML, ANDROID and C++.
- I achieved Zonal Rank 4 in Maharashtra and Goa Zone in the SOF INTERNATIONAL ENGLISH OLYMPIAD IN 2021- 22.
👨💻 Sai Pranav GandhiSaipranav is a Lego enthusiast who has been playing and building with Lego since the age of 5.
- Conducted multiple workshops on LEGO robotics
- Made presentations to kids on the topic ‘Learning from toys’, the first one was at the age of 6
- Participating in Lego robotics competitions since 2018. won the ‘Most inspirational team award’ for First Lego League in 2019 and was ranked one of the top national teams for World Robot olympiad in 2019
- Won the Regional level and National Level championship at the MakeX robotics competition
- Won the top prize in the MakeinGoa competition in 2020 for building a unique robot.
- Won multiple awards at school level chess
- Won multiple awards for the academic olympiads.
- Secured finalist’s top 5 positions at the MIT app Hackathon contest.
- Secured 7th rank at the Annual Bebras Competition
- Coding competition 2021 2nd in Tiswadi Taluka.
- ATL Marathon 2021 our Auto Oxi model selected in the national level 9th place.
- Selected for 2 weeks of IBM internship.
- Our Smart Speed Signages is selected for zonal level western India science competition at Mumbai, we will represent Goa.
👨💻 Shounak HedeAt the age of 8, I started working on Robotics. At the age of 9, I participated in the World Robotic Olympiad (WRO) 2019 held at Bhopal. I have completed the basic and advanced course in Scratch programming, MIT App inventor and Python programming. I have keen interest in music and passed Level 2 examination of Trinity School of Music, England for playing Electronic Keyboard.
- Participated in the World Robotic Olympiad (WRO) 2019, a global Robotic competition for young people using Lego Mindstorm kits. My team Roborex Goa stood 6th at the Regional Level.
- Participated in the World Robotic Olympiad (WRO) 2020x Canada held online and our team Roborex Goa ranked 40th internationally amongst 100+ teams from all over the world.
- Participated in the World Robotic Olympiad(WRO) 2021 and our Team Roborex Goa ranked 11th Indian National in the Junior Category.
- Awarded the “Individual Best Game Winner” in the International Coding Contest – 2020 organized by FIRC (Future Innovators Robotics Competition) for developing a game by name of Con Corona using Scratch programming.
- My team Roborex Goa also grabbed the “Team Champion Winner Award” for best MIT App Inventor for developing App by name of “Kill Corona”, a quiz to test awareness on Covid 19.
- Conducted Robotic Workshops in many schools and cities of Goa.
- I have won many tournaments in sports such as cricket, football and table tennis.
- I have completed 3 years in acting and have achieved a diploma for it.
- I won a competition where we had to pitch an idea to investors and raise funding for it.
- I have come 2nd in the LogiQids competition.
👨💻 Vedant AbhyankarI am based out of Delhi and am going to be remote working for this project. I have achieved a lot and here is a small list of them.
- As part of a team, awarded the third prize in the People’s Choice Category of the global coding competition called MIT Appathon for Good, organized by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, for two consecutive years, 2021 and 2022
- Participated in competitions like the World Robotics Olympiad (WRO) and reached the National Level round in WRO 2019.
- During the COVID pandemic lockdown, I utilized the opportunity of learning coding through online courses in Scratch, MIT App Inventor and Arduino. I harnessed my learnings to make an App to promote hand washing as a hygiene practice to prevent COVID, as well as a Lockdown Game that aimed at sensitizing people about the importance of using masks. These endeavours were covered in an article in a national Indian newspaper called Times of India (copy uploaded as document). I have been honing his skills in coding through advanced courses in Python, Java and C++. In order to reach out and provide guidance to aspiring coders, I run a YouTube Technology Channel called ‘Coders Destiny’, which is accessible through this URL; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS2t05AOaPmeNaQLkHciZvw Two of the Apps developed by me are featured on Google Playstore and are available for download: a metric unit conversion App and a fitness App. Vedant does coding, robotics and technology related activities for around 10 hours a week.
👨💻 Venkatesh DempoI am a 13 year old tech savvy enthusiast who loves to explore especially in the field of robotics.
- Secured top fifth position in the International MIT App Inventor Hackathon Competition.
- Won the Google Code To Learn Contest 2022. Congratulated by famous politicians
- Won the MakeX Championship at nationals.
- Selected as a finalist at the World Robotics Olympiad WRO.
- Won numerous awards at school in Spelling Bees, Essay Writing & Chess.
- Winning many app-designing competitions like FIRC etc.
- Won the award for excellence in Media Tech given by Magazine ‘Incredible Goa’.
- All of my achievements were pubished on leading Indian and Goan News Papers as well as coding insitute websites. To share my coding knowledge with other interested children I created a YouTube channel DRAG which stands as an acronym for Dempo Robotics Academy Goa. You can find the link here : DRAG
👨💻 Vighnesh Nauso Shetye
I am a student studying in class 9th. I like to learn and explore various aspects of technology including coding, robotics, the internet and so on.
- 2nd rank at Jigyasa international problem solving fair competition
- 1st place in state-level Codeavour 2021
- 3rd place in national level Tcs rural quiz.
- 1st place in smart school hackathon
- 2nd place in the Indian technology and Science festival.
👨💻 Viraj Vishwanath MaratheI am Viraj Vishwanath Marathe, I am 12 years old and studying in 7th Std at DR. K.B. Hedgewar Vidyamandir Karapur Tisk Sankhali Goa.
- Smart India Hackathon 2022- junior category. Developed an App for a Dementia patient.
- Viraj got opportunity to interact with Hon’able PM Narendra Modiji on 25th August at Ahmedabad.
- NCRC 2022 by SP robotics - national level first prize in Junior category. Prize of Rs 1 lakh.
- Google Code to learn 2021- Finalist in top 5 at national level
- MIT Appathon 2022- App featured in top 8 at international level
- MIT appathon 2021- won 3rd prize in popular category with team Legogoa
- Moonshot hackathon- 1st prize in app development ( all India level) 2021
- IIT Guwahati- 1st prize in website development ( all India level) 2021
- SP robotics NCRC competition 2020 - place top 10 finalists , Out of the box thinking ( All Indialevel )
- Asier Computers- Robotics prize ( state level) 2020